Greetings from Peter Mayer

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

h2odevos eots 112911 "Evermore + Evermore"





There is a Stars and Promises concert tonight in Webster Groves, MO!
Check out the above link for more info.

Listen to a sample of the song.

Peter takes this old hymn and infuses it with a sense of reverence and joy.
Each time I hear this tune it makes my heart feel hopeful.

Evermore and Evermore

“Of the Father's love begotten
      ere the worlds began to be,
      he is Alpha and Omega,
      he the source, the ending he,
      of the things that are, that have been,
      and that future years shall see,
            evermore and evermore.”
ELW 295




We enter this holy time of year mindful of all the lists in our lives:
  •          (1)  Advent + Christmas shopping list;
  •          (2) List of old or new resolutions regarding a healthier, more Spirit filled lifestyle;
  •          (3) A list of those things we have done;
  •          (4) A list of those things we have left undone and;
  •          (5) A list reminding us to make more lists.

The lists seem to go on “evermore and evermore.”


I find in all of these things a wonderful wireless invention that helps me deal with the cycles and circles of time, specifically the Advent Wreath. It is so basic and elemental.
It doesn’t need batteries or a backup hard drive. All it takes is four candles, some greenery and a little bit of time each day.

My faith-forming parents taught me all about the Advent wreath. As I child it seemed to transport me into another place and time As an adult it does the same thing. I’m so grateful to have this Spiritual gift in my life.




May your home be blessed by the light and warmth of this circle of LIFE.

Evermore and evermore,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment