Greetings from Peter Mayer

Thursday, December 23, 2010

TSOC 122310 WALKIN'

TSOC 122310 Walkin’
December 23, 2010
Thursday




“Hey Joseph Keep walking Hey Joseph keep walking
Hey Joseph Keep walking to Bethlehem
Hey Joseph Keep walking Hey Joseph keep walking
Keep walking Joseph you’re part of the plan”

Hey Joseph by Peter Mayer

http://www.startwalkingnow.org/about_start_walking_day.jsp

I just got back from a walk with our daughter, Hannah Grace. She is home for the holidays. YEA! During the walk we were able to talk about the following:
1. what should be in the sermon for Christmas Eve
2. catching up on how each other has been doing
3. Work- hers and mine
4. Human sexuality
5. Politics
6. What’s for dinner?

I love walking and talking. I’m wondering if Joseph and Mary walked and talked their way to Bethlehem. I imagine the time was either filled with lots of caring conversation or lots of silence. I mean what or how do you even talk about this amazing story of God bringing the Light of the world into being through the pregnancy of a young woman? If I was Joseph (and I’m grateful I’m not) I think I just would have been talking to myself, or to God. And what about Mary? Too bad Elizabeth wasn’t along side her. Too bad she didn’t have an entourage of sisters to help her at this pivotal time.

So, the holy family plus almost 1, the Holy Little One soon to be born was on the road to Bethlehem. The message as Peter sings, “keep walkin.”





We’re just about there. I love the 45th Parallel Sign because it reminds me that one is never, ever stuck. There is always a place one can go in the story of Christmas.

“Hey Joseph Keep walking Hey Joseph keep walking
Hey Joseph Keep walking to Bethlehem
Hey Joseph Keep walking Hey Joseph keep walking
Keep walking Joseph you’re part of the plan”

Hey Joseph by Peter Mayer

Joyfully,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment