Greetings from Peter Mayer

Friday, March 18, 2011

Encouragement h2odevos fia 031811

H2o devos fia 031811 Encouragement
Friday


“Tried to run fast enough
Tried to fly high enough
Thought that I could dive deep enough
To lose your hold on me
The end of the road the bottom of the glass
The grip of fear that holds you fast
Lost in the valley no song to sing
When you're brushed by an angel's wings
And you're Still in One Peace
Still in One Peace
We are blessed we are broken
Given one more chance to be
Found in you we are In One Peace”

www.petermayer.com/songs/still-in-one-peace

Last weekend at our Lenten retreat I tripped down the last few steps of a staircase and ended up on the floor. I bruised my ego and pride along with my left knee. It’s been almost a week and I’m still walking and making noises like the AFLAC duck. So, yesterday I went to see my favorite physical therapist Susan. She along with her colleagues were very instrumental in getting me back on my feet following my double knee replacement in April 2008. As she was assessing my current situation today I also shared with her that I thought my right ankle and Achilles heel was acting up. As always she was thoughtful, helpful and very encouraging.

Peter sings about being “brushed by the wings of an angel.” Today I want to give a “shout out” to all those angels whose name is “Encouragement.” For on a daily basis these are the kind entities who help us get through our days and nights. When you look at “Encouragement” designed by Delia you can imagine other angels by the same name who have encouraged you along the way. They are teachers, mechanics, servers, ushers, clerks, ticket takers, coaches, healthcare professionals, neighbors, club members, office staff, bus drivers, office staff, parents, aunts and uncles, siblings, grandparents, clergy, attorneys, neighbors and even strangers to name just a few. Perhaps they have been very intentional about this notion of encouragement. Perhaps they are unaware of how important they’ve been to you. Some of them might be deceased at this point in time. Others might be out of your current circle and network of friends. It would be good on this day to give them a “shout out” via mail, phone, text, email, Facebook and prayers.

“Therefore encourage one another and build up each other, as indeed you are doing.” 1Thessalonians 5:11

I’ll see you along the way, sister encourager, brother encourager!

“Our steps are made firm by the LORD,
when he delights in our way;
24though we stumble, we shall not fall headlong,
for the LORD holds us by the hand.”
Psalm 37:23-24

peace,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment