Greetings from Peter Mayer

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Tip To Bountiful h2o devos fia 031617

H2o devos fia 031611 A Tip to Bountiful
Wednesday

“Stirrin' up the water
Stirrin' up my soul
A Light comes to the darkness
Come and make me whole
Oh Stir it up, stir it up, Oh Lord”


www.petermayer.com/songs/stirrin-up-the-water



“Bountiful” the angel has a shovel for a body. It’s upside down and is rather salmon colored. Delia is hoping that you and I “dig it.”

Just the other day I had a conversation with the chair of our Stewardship Committee at church. We were talking about the General Fund. As some of you may know and understand, the General Fund is the mechanism by which the staff is paid, the facilities are maintained, programmatic ministries are supported and the parking lot is plowed and the grass is mowed (not at the same time). In a day and age of designated giving, targeted donations and personalized philanthropy it becomes harder and harder to make a “case” for the General Fund. The chair and I both concluded that we give as a response to the unconditional gift of God.

It is truly “Bountiful.” Subsequently it raises this question which the Psalmist sang years ago, Psalm 116:12

What shall I return to the LORD
for all his bounty to me?”



I’m going to make potato soup today for those who attend the noon day Lenten service.
I love “stirrin’ it up.”

I hope the participants will have a “bountiful” of smiles.

Peace,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment