Greetings from Peter Mayer

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Guidance h2o devos fia 032411

H2o devos fia 032411 Guidance



“Tried to run fast enough
Tried to fly high enough
Thought that I could dive deep enough
To lose your hold on me
The end of the road the bottom of the glass
The grip of fear that holds you fast
Lost in the valley no song to sing
When you're brushed by an angel's wings

And you're Still in One Peace
Still in One Peace
We are blessed we are broken
Given one more chance to be
Found in you we are In One Peace”

www.petermayer.com/songs/still-in-one-peace

Peter sings, “We are blessed we are broken,” I know those words to be authentic and true. As I look around at the good people assembled at the services on Sunday morning or on Wednesdays I see people who are blessed. At the same time I am aware of some of their stories (as well as my own) which let me know that there is a brokenness which is embodied in each one of us.

So there is a potential tension which exists as we hear the call of an angel to “be still in One Peace.” The pace of our lives is at such an intensity at times that it’s hard to “be still.” And yet, that is exactly what Psalm 46:10 calls us to:
"Be still, and know that I am God!
I am exalted among the nations,
I am exalted in the earth."


Delia’s angel “Guidance” appears to be weather-beaten and is a little rough around the edges. There is a hole in one of the wings. It seems there are stains or scars.
St. Paul offered the young pastor Timothy some “guidance”
“8I am giving you these instructions, Timothy, my child, in accordance with the prophecies made earlier about you, so that by following them you may fight the good fight, 19having faith and a good conscience.”
So, “fight the good fight, having faith and a good conscience.” Sounds like a
winner to me.
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment