Greetings from Peter Mayer

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Serenity h2o devos fia 032611

H2o devos fia 032611 Serenity




“Every morning lately I wake up and find me gone
Feel a weight on my shoulders and I think of movin' on
Looked to the sky saw a black wing gull soar for miles on a boundless wind
With no need to understand what carries him
Chorus
Rising up falling down goin' round in ageless circles
Spotlight upstaging all our wanderings
Chasing dreams and desires
They don't know their distance from the fire
That shines on everyone
Walking to the sun”


www.petermayer.com/songs/walking-to-the-sun
Last night when I was writing this devo my ITUNES account was rocking to:
“Walking in your Footsteps” by THE POLICE
“Walking on the Moon” by THE POLICE
“Walking on Broken Glass” by ANNIE LENNOX and
“Walking to the Sun” by Peter Mayer

Yesterday morning, Intern Jess and I “walked” through the entire Bible in 25 minutes. Jess wrote up this amazing way to communicate the “story arc” of the Bible after having inspiring conversations with another staff member, Joni Grundman. Joni and Jess presented it to our confirmation students and parents earlier this year. And then on a Sunday morning at all three services on February 27th, Jess and I presented in just 25 minutes. If you click on the link, you can listen to it or download the script from the pdf.
So, as I stated, Intern Jess and I “walked” or more appropriately we “RAN” through the entire Bible in 25 minutes at a chapel service at Denver Christian School on Friday morning.
www.bethany-denver2.org/church-life/sermons/?sermon_id=180
You know as well as I do that our lives involve times when we walk “through the valley of the shadow of death” as well as when we “walk to the sun.” There are “ups and downs” as well as “in’s and out’s.” As Peter sings,
“Rising up falling down goin' round in ageless circles
Spotlight upstaging all our wanderings
Chasing dreams and desires”


As I indicated a week ago, I’ve been going to physical therapy to help “heal up” my knee and Achilles heel. I’m doing well. The treatments are working and helping me grow stronger. I just wish that it was happening faster. But, I need to have more patience.

That’s where the angel “Serenity” comes in. I know that whatever you and I are experiencing didn’t come about as a result of one minute, one day, one week or one month. And the reality of it is that whatever we are wrestling with isn’t going to go away in just one minute, one day, one week or one month.
As Niebuhr wrote and prayed,

“God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, Courage to change the things I can, And wisdom to know the difference.”
May the angel “Serenity” fly into your life today and all days.

Peace,
rtg

2 comments:

  1. The Greenwald Family, from coast to coast, needed to hear this message today. Thanks, RTG, for putting it into flight. BG

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, Brenda!

    ReplyDelete