Greetings from Peter Mayer

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Be My Valentine


H2odevos p4p Lent 2013 “Be My Valentine”
+St. Valentine+ 278

Be My Valentine


“Believe, be Light, be Love just because

All along you’ve belonged

In this love song
This now, befriend

Come what may, with your heart begin

Believe Be Light Be Love”
Be Etc by Peter Mayer


In this sweet refrain Peter Mayer has ten words that begin
with the letter “B.”
Believe, be, be, because, belonged, befriend, begin, believe, be, be
Those of you in relationships know that those words are a very good recipe for be-ing and staying in love.

I simply love the fact that for this year, 2013 Ash Wednesday and Valentine’s Day are neighbors. They live right next to each other on the same block in the same neighborhood of February. So, yesterday when I heard the words,

“For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also”  (Matthew 6:21) it made me think of who and what I treasure, namely my wife, our adult children, family, friends, neighbors, vocations and home. Additionally, I thought about how God wants us to be God’s Valentine! The stark reality of the ashen cross of yesterday has turned into the Technicolor Valentine of today. GOD IS LOVE!

Last year on Valentine’s Day Sue Ann and I were in Paris. We took two cooking classes on the day at
La Cuisine. If you ever find yourself in Paris be sure to check out this place. The classes are in English.

One class was to learn how to make a Valentine’s Day meal (typical French meal) and the other class was to learn how to make and bake Macarons. We had an amazing time
being with each other and being in a group.

"the hands of love"

I don’t believe I have any great words of wisdom today except to suggest that you open your heart up to others and to let others (especially God) open up their heart to you.
To paraphrase Mr. Rogers,
“won’t you be my Valentine?”

rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment