Greetings from Peter Mayer

Saturday, February 23, 2013

When You Wear It


H2odevos p4p Lent 2013 “When you Wear It”

Saturday, February 23


"Changed by Love
And sent to share it
When you're changed by Love
You shine the Light and wear it
In your heart in every place
Lift our hands oh God of grace
We will never be the same
We are changed by Love"

Changed by Love by Peter Mayer


I was in Minneapolis for the past 36 hours. I flew up on Thursday and was able to spend time with Hannah Grace and her beau Sean. All day Friday I was at Luther Seminary to interview prospective interns for the 2013-2014 year (which begins in August). I caught a flight home on Friday night. In fact, due to the wonders of wi-fi, I was able to write this devo and transmit it some place in the air over Nebraska to Cynthia Tanner.

I had nine interviews, and all I can say is “WOW!” The church is in good hands with all of these candidates.  I met with seven candidates in person and Skyped with two others who were not on campus today. All nine of them reflect the light and embody Peter’s words, “when you’ve been changed by Love.” It was a fabulous day and I give thanks for the people and congregations who have nurtured these folks along the way.

Several shared with me that dear people along their way have encouraged them to seek out ordination. So, I want you to think today of someone you know or have met along your way who you think might make a good pastor. It would be grand if you said something to them to encourage their journey.

“Changed by Love
And sent to share it
When you're changed by Love
You shine the Light and wear it”

rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment