Greetings from Peter Mayer

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

When You've Got a Mountain to Climb


H2odevos p4p Lent 2013  “When You’ve Got a Mountain Climb”


Blessed To Be The Blessing by Peter Mayer

Vs 2
"Well I asked for a straight line here I am with a mountain to climb
Valley deep and river wide oh but I am carried
Into the open arms of Grace I cry freedom from these chains
Let it ring in every place for all of God's children
Chorus
We are blessed ...........every breath
We are blessed ............daily bread
We are blessed ...... blessed
To be the blessing
Oh with every breath .....blessed
Take our hands and our footsteps ...........blessed
We are blessed to be the blessing"


The first line of verse two gets me thinking about prayer. I know that sometimes when we pray for a specific thing to happen in a certain way, it can seem that the opposite of our intentions happen.  So, it is as Peter sings, “I asked for a straight line here I am with a mountain to climb.”  
I have experienced times in my life when I’ve asked for “smooth sailing” only to be confronted with more episodes of stormy weather. And yet, the very good news of Mark 4: 35-41 is that Jesus is in the boat with the disciples. 

Peter’s words indicate that the valley is deep and the river is wide, but that the prayer/singer is carried “into the open arms of Grace.”

Maybe you’ve got a mountain to climb today. If that is the case, put on your hiking boots, but rest assured you are not doing this by yourself.

We are blessed to be the blessing,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment