Greetings from Peter Mayer

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Buttons

“We tangle in why dress up in because

When below and above heaven’s beside us

There for you night and day

Longing to be more then behave

Believe believe be Light be Love”
Be Etc by Peter Mayer


All the containers of buttons caught my eye at Liberty. Whenever I see cool things that like I wish I could sew. Because if I could I would sew the coolest buttons onto my coats and jackets.  I’d spell out words and make very happening designs.

While I’ve never been perceived to be a “fashionista” I do appreciate nice looking clothes and clothes that fit well. However, being 6’ 5” and with the effects of gravity (and my love of carbohydrates) starting to work against me I’m glad that I’m in a profession where I get to wear a big, white robe on Sundays.

I really like what Peter is saying,
“We tangle in why dress up in because

When below and above heaven’s beside us.” 
So, heaven is beside us. And this coming week which starts tomorrow on Palm Sunday is a week in which all of our emotions, thoughts and prayers get so intense because we make our way from the parade, to the upper room, to the garden, to the cross, to the empty and to the walk to Emmaus.  


It’s at times like this that I know we all have our “to do” lists, but I’m hoping and praying that you and I can just “be” in the moment.

Blessings,

rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment