Greetings from Peter Mayer

Friday, April 11, 2014

Long Arms

“Patient in winter’s sting

Restless as coming spring

Oh…. Mighty this love

Oh…. Mighty this love
This love is ….
Strong enough to be weak

Brave enough to speak

These arms are longer than we can believe

Kind enough to lift you off your knees
Oh…. Mighty this love

Oh…. Mighty this love”
Mighty This Love by Peter Mayer


The spiral staircase is a picture that I took one evening when Sue Ann and I were shopping at Fortnum and Mason in London. It is a very elegant store which has been in business since 1707. You can check out all the lovely items they have HERE.

I was standing at the top of the staircase and was just taken by the lovely scene. Way at the bottom of the steps there is a table with all sorts of goodies on it.  I wanted to reach down and pick them up. Of course that wasn’t possible.

However, Peter’s lyrics came to mind,
“These arms are longer than we can believe 
Kind enough to lift you off your knees.” 
That’s what “mighty love” is all about. Long arms reaching out and drawing us into the circle of love and grace. I’m grateful for all the examples of “long arms” which have hung onto me throughout my sixty years. I’m thinking that today would be a good day to “reach out” and let them know how much they are loved. I encourage you to do the same.

Blessings,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment