Greetings from Peter Mayer

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

H2odevos eots 122021 “every body’s searching”


H2odevos eots 122021 “every body’s searching”

Peter sings, “just a piece of paradise.”


I’m listening to the new cd, Under Your Spell.  It’s not too late to get your stocking stuffer!   http://littleflockmusic.com/product.asp?ID=PM-UYS-CD

A cup of coffee, a wrinkled newspaper, a well worn Bible and an ipod keep me company as I hear Peter sing,
“I thought that I had a soul, it turned out to be just a hole in my life.” 

I keep playing the song over and over. Some of the licks of the guitar state that plaintive lament which is a cry of the heart, but then there is Peter’s soothing voice of hope and resilience. I mean who hasn’t had a hole in their life? As Peter correctly observes “every body’s searching.” Searching for that perfect gift, that perfect mate, that perfect tree, that perfect church, that perfect perfection, a “piece of paradise.”

And yet, folks experience
“broken hearts and broken hands in their lives.”  For some reason this year I am more mindful of that than at other times past. Perhaps it’s because I recognize clearly the brokenness in my heart, in my hands.

In Luke 23:43  Jesus told the thief on the cross,  "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in Paradise." The thief saw a slice, a piece of paradise.
In 2 Corinthians 12:4  St. Paul talks about how he “
was caught up into Paradise and heard things that are not to be told, that no mortal is permitted to repeat.” He got a little piece of paradise.
In Revelation 2:7, we get a celestial invitation,  “
Let anyone who has an ear listen to what the Spirit is saying to the churches. To everyone who conquers, I will give permission to eat from the tree of life that is in the paradise of God.”
I pray today that you recognize that “piece of paradise” that is from the Prince of Peace.
May the “echoes of the season” bring you joy.
Deck the halls,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment