Greetings from Peter Mayer

Friday, December 11, 2009

Redeem 121109 Friday


H2o devos sj 121109 Redeem


@created by Delia Stewart)

“Crooked arrows and keyless locks
Rusted dreams in an old toolbox
Bruised believer he’s taken his knocks
That’s a Junkman’s Christmas Eve”
Junkman’s Christmas Eve by Peter Mayer
Thursday was my day off so I spent my time doing the usual day off stuff. There was a bit of a thaw in the weather yesterday so I took the opportunity to walk around Wash Park. I’ve registered to walk in the Salt Lake City Marathon on April 17th, 2010. This event is 20 weeks away so I’ve started training in earnest once again.
As I walk I thought about the 3 R’s. Not so much of “reading, ‘riting and ‘rithmetic” but, REJOICE, REDEEM and RECLAIM. A fair portion of the devos this season have centered on the notion of taking time and opportunity to rejoice.
It is with artists like Delia and Peter who guide us into thinking and praying about the many ways that God takes the lead to redeem. You can see on the picture of Inspiration that there is a bicycle chain of some kind which highlights the bottom of her robe/skirt.
Peter tells the story of a “junkman” who is a “bruised believer.” One of my favorite definitions of healing comes from Dorland’s Medical Dictionary the 25th edition (I think). It states, “healing is the restoration of integrity to injured tissue.” When we’re honest with ourselves, one another and with God we acknowledge our “injured tissue.”
Fortunately, the “bruised redeemer” comes to us “bruised believers” and makes something new and wonderful out of us.
As Peter sings, “That’s a Junkman’s Christmas Eve”
Sing Joy,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment