Greetings from Peter Mayer

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wait for the Call 120309 Thursday


H2o devos sj 120309 Wait for the Call
+Francis Xavier+ 1552

“You look for deliverance and some revelation
With no song of spring you wait for the call”
Sing Joy by Peter Mayer

My kind and gracious colleagues, Pastor Ruth Ann and Caitlin the Intern agreed to indulge me in wearing some non flammable Advent wreathes as a type of headgear. I think it is a trend which is definitely going to catch on this holiday season. Watch for it
on shows like Entertainment Tonight and Oprah. I hope you remember you saw it here first.

Advent is a time to wait and watch for the child. During this holy season it is most appropriate to answer the call of the Holy Child to be a child once again. As Peter sings in THE STORY OF CHRISTMAS
http://www.petermayer.com/AUDIO/SPA/TheStoryOfChristmas.mp3

“Ribbons and string, cold frozen streams
Forgotten dreams running wild
When every Mother and Father is a child”

For many years, I’ve been a fan of the work and ministry of Francis Xavier. Today is his day. I give thanks for the work and ministry of the Jesuits who share their intellectual pursuits and gifts of discernment. They help individuals and communities “wait for the call” and consequently to answer the call.

A call that I send out to you this day is to be mindful and grateful for the Holy Child, born among the lambs, which grew up to be the Good Shepherd. It is this Good Shepherd who in the words of Luke 15:6 searches, seeks and calls all of us home. “And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep that was lost.’ ”
Sing Joy
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment