Greetings from Peter Mayer

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Stir It Up, Saturday, 120509


H2o devos sj 120509 Stir It Up

“These days of winter have come to bury you
No sign of spring and no promise to carry you
No flowers blooming in your window sill
And the beat of your heart is too still…
And the beat of your heart is too still…Oh sing

Joy joy joy in the morning
Joy joy in the afternoon
Joy joy joy for the child is born
This night the promise is given to you”
Sing Joy by Peter Mayer

http://www.petermayer.com/AUDIO/SPA/SingJoy.mp3

I’ve shared with many of you before that I love to collect eggbeaters.
It seems to me that this simple kitchen implement has “stirred up” through out the years
all sorts of creative juices. People have probably looked at their eggbeater and said to themselves, “Self, I can make this just a bit better.”

The Prayer of the Day for the 2nd Sunday of Advent (12/6/09) reads as follows:
“Stir up our hearts, Lord God, to prepare the way of your only Son.
By his coming give to all the people of the world knowledge of your salvation;
through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God, now and forever. Amen”

So, as the prayer requests, we are asking God to “stir up our hearts.” I’m interested in you sharing with me what “stirs up your heart?” How does God “beat it or whip it up” in order that your cardiac state is elevated? So, drop me a note at h2o.devos@earthlink.net

http://www.petermayer.com/AUDIO/SUTW/StirrinUpTheWater.mp3

“stirrin’ up the water, stirring up my soul
a light comes to the darkness
come and make me whole”

Sing Joy,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment