Greetings from Peter Mayer

Friday, December 21, 2012

Golden Light - h2o devos loc 122112




A painted sky is fading
Come and take my hand
For all the roads you travel
Only this will stand
Pick up what is precious
Make light your load
Golden Light by Peter Mayer/Jay Oliver



“Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  Matthew 11

I simply love Peter’s line, “make light your load,” which echoes and “spins” the words of Jesus, “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  Last summer some of my pals, Lynne, Sarah, Ryan and Brenda and I took the notion that 12 21 12 would have lots of people caught up in the “end of the world” hysteria.

So, we decided to echo and spin the date just a bit into 12 12 12 -meaning Give $12, Give 12 lbs and tell 12 people. In our particular case we wanted to inspire and energize folks for Metro CareRing

We even created a 3 minute
 video about it HERE.

As well as a blog HERE.

In addition to all of that we 
worked with Metro CareRing
 to do a Virtual Food Drive.

So, I put  all this data out here for you on this date. Responses have been good, but as you know deep down in your heart and soul, “hunger doesn’t take a holiday.” So, today I urge you to END hunger in your community. Make a gift today!
 
“Pick up what is precious
Make light your load”

Peace,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment