Greetings from Peter Mayer

Monday, April 18, 2011

Grace h2odevos fia 041811

H2o devos 041811 Grace



“From a raindrop to a river
From one word into a song
Source of all gifts, Friend and Forgiver
Bring us together, to pass it on
He has called us, all creation
Every woman, child, and man
To bring our gifts in celebration
To be transformed in the Savior's hands
To be transformed in the Savior's hands”

www.petermayer.com/songs/pass-it-on
Sunday’s services featured the amazing gifts of Biblical Storyteller, Dennis Dewey.
www.dennisdewey.org

He told us the following: The Prologue of John; The Entry into Jerusalem; Stories from John: The Wedding at Cana; Cleansing of the Temple; Nicodemus; The Woman at the Well; The Man Born Blind; The Raising of Lazarus; and Jesus is Arrested. Dennis concluded his storytelling by having us all sing “Jesus Walked This Lonesome Valley. Rick Seaton played the organ and Dennis played the piano. It was an amazing morning for of light, love and “Grace.”
Dennis is our artist in residence this week. If you are near Denver, be sure to check out the following times and dates when Dennis will be telling more stories from the Bible.
Monday, April 18 – 9-10am during Bible Study and 7-8 pm at night
Tuesday, April 19 – 11-noon for the XYZ Senior Group
Wednesday, April 20 – Noon Worship
Wednesday, April 20 – 6:30 – 8 pm at Calvary Baptist Church to hear the Gospel of Mark
Thursday, April 21 – Maundy Thursday worship at Atonement Lutheran Church
Friday, April 22 – Good Friday worship at noon and 7:00pm
“Grace” is in motion. Her wings facilitate her gliding through space and time. Today I saw “Grace” as people saw themselves as a guest at the Wedding of Cana when Jesus said, “I will serve no wine before my time” (well, that comes from the GRSV- Glusenkamp Revised Standard Version). I saw “Grace” as people heard their voices in the words of Mary and Martha who both said “Lord, if you would have been here my brother would not have died.” I saw “Grace” as we all “saw” the blind man receive his sight. I saw “Grace” as the children of the parish waved their palm branches to welcome the King of Kings who comes in the name of the Lord.


I wanted to share with you another picture from the V+A Museum in London.
This is from the 12th century as the following note states.



(I always take pictures of the notes describing the things I am taking a picture of because as much as I think I’ll remember it, normally I don’t.) There is a “Grace” to the notion that we are all welcome to drink from the chalice of love and peace. And so today, I say “Grace” for YOU!
(put in pix of note)

Send me a note at h2odevos@earthlink.net to let me know where you saw “Grace”
Let’s pass it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment