Greetings from Peter Mayer

Friday, April 1, 2011

Trust h2o devos fia 040111 APRIL FOOLS DAY

H2odevos fia 040111 Trust
April Fools Day




“And the eyes in his head,
See the world spinning around.
Well on the way his head in a cloud,
The man of a thousand voices talking perfectly loud”

Lennon/McCartney
www.petermayer.com/songs/fool-on-the-hill

“3when I am afraid,
I put my trust in you.”
(Psalm 56:3)

Upon closer observation of “Trust” one can see that the main body is a large bolt. I suppose Delia chose this particular piece of steel to imply that being “bolted” down tight results in “Trust.” And yet, at the same time we’ve all been in positions or places of “Trust” when the “wheels” have come off. In other words it’s not hard to feel like one has (if you pardon my English) been “screwed.”
However, “Trust” also has a necklace (or bling) if you will of ball bearings. In other words, life, the world, belief, light and love goes “spinning round and round.”

On this particular Friday, April Fool’s Day my mind immediately goes to another Friday we call “Good.” It is on that particular day when we think of The “fool on the hill” who gave his life for the sake of the world. He even said, “My God, My God why have you forsaken me,” (Psalm 22).

As someone who has been trusted and unfortunately then “fooled” and as someone who trusted and has “been fooled” I am grateful for the angel of “Trust.” I give thanks for the words of the Psalmist who sang,
“3when I am afraid,
I put my trust in you.”


I trust in God’s forgiveness and grace.

On this day celebrating fools and foolishness, I celebrate “Trust.” I “Trust” that you know God’s love is ”bolt” on you. No foolin’!

Peter was in Denver on Thursday so we were able to work on stories and songs for a project we are doing at Camp Arcadia this summer (July 9-16) called PASSAGES4PASSAGES. It will be songs by Peter and stories by me based on familiar and unfamiliar Bible passages about the various passages of life. www.camp-arcadia.com/coming-to-arcadia/schedule/family3/
We also were able to stop in at Metro CareRing and check out the marvelous good things they do with the food stuffs and donations en-trusted to them.




trust-fully yours,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment