Greetings from Peter Mayer

Saturday, April 23, 2011

STILLNESS h20 devos fia 042311 EASTER VIGIL

H2o devos fia 042311 Stillness




“And you're Still in One Peace
Still in One Peace
We are blessed we are broken
Given one more chance to be
Found in you we are
In One Peace”

www.petermayer.com/songs/still-in-one-peace
Some how, some way, I made a mistake and confused a name of one of Delia’s angels. So, back on April 2, 2011 I wrote about what I thought was “Stillness.” Come to find out that angel (pictured below) is actually named “Dance.”


And this one, for today is actually named “Stillness.” Maybe I should “morph” or conflate the two of them into something called “The Dance of Stillness.” For that is where we find ourselves today, this day between Good Friday and Easter Sunday.
Peter sings, “We are blessed we are broken.” All this week I’ve been watching and listening to Biblical stories told by Dennis Dewey. I saw 5o young people receive their First Communion on Maundy Thursday. They were surrounded by family and friends. Their expectation, anticipation and joy is contagious. On Thursday evening, we “stripped” the altar. The paraments are gone. The candles snuffed out and removed. The palms carried off and placed behind the wall. The communion vessels lovingly tended to, washed and cleaned, still on the shelf until Easter. Our processional cross wrapped in palms carried off and resting. The purple drape on the cross has been pulled down and replaced with a black shroud. We are still.
The Psalmist sang, “Be Still and know that I am God.” (Psalm 46:10)
Today in my “stillness” I plan to make some hot cross buns. It’s a tradition that our daughter Hannah Grace and I started a while back. She’s in Minneapolis and I’m in Denver. I’m gonna see if I can’t SKYPE some of the action to her.

Peace,


rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment