Greetings from Peter Mayer

Monday, April 11, 2011

Surrender h2o devos fia 041111

H2o devos fia 041111 Surrender




“I've believed betrayed swayed and discussed
Still I feel like a wrapped up Lazarus
Haven't made sense of the Mystery
But it makes sense to me
And I'm Still in One Peace
Still in One Peace
We are blessed we are broken
Every day a chance to be
One together again”

www.petermayer.com/songs/still-in-one-peace


Every time I hear Peter sing this song, “Still In One Peace” it makes me feel so very hopeful. Yesterday at church, my colleague, Pastor Ruth Ann Loughry preached an amazing sermon www.bethany-denver2.org/church-life/sermons/?sermon_id=192
all about hope, renewal, walking through the valley of the shadow of death. She took us through the valley of dry bones to the valley that Mary and Martha were walking through as they grieved the death of their brother Lazarus and then to our own valleys.
After venting their anger, grief and pain to Jesus, Martha and Mary were able to “Surrender.” They were able to “give up” and “give in” to hope, life and resurrection.



The other day I found the “bent halo with rust and a dent.” And it made me think about why I like Delia’s angels so much. It is because she sees beauty in what we normally see as “junk” or trash. She sees wings when we see rust. When pieces are bent and have a dent she re-imagines the graceful lines of heavenly hosts that fly into our lives. So, with here gracious permission she is willing to re-assemble, re-cycle, re-use pieces and parts of stuff that you have around in your basement, garage or in my case, sitting on my desk.
So, here’s the deal, for the next 7-10 days, with a cut-off on Wednesday April 20th, send you “junk” to

Pastor Ron Glusenkamp
%Bethany Lutheran Church,
4500 East Hampden Ave,
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113.
All stuff set becomes the property of BLC and we will then auction it off for ELCA Malaria Campaign. If you write a note about the stuff you are sending that’s helpful, too. Delia will “weld” the angels together.
Right after Easter we will conduct an online auction. Depending on how much stuff we get, will determine how many angels get made.
It’s all about being “Still in one peace.”
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment