Greetings from Peter Mayer

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Everything is Possible


H2odevos p4p Lent 2013 “Everything is Possible”


"Tried to run fast enough
Tried to fly high enough
Thought that I could dive deep enough
To lose your hold on me

The end of the road the bottom of the glass
The grip of fear that holds you fast
Lost in the valley no song to sing
When you're brushed by an angel's wings

And you're Still in One Peace
Still in One Peace
We are blessed we are broken
Given one more chance to be
Found in you we are

In One Peace"

Still in One Peace by Peter Mayer


I like fortune cookies, especially ones that have Bible verses in them. We often hand them out at church in a Bible study or as people enter the sanctuary for a worship service.If we do it at a service, I invite the parishioners in the sermon to open up the cookie and then to read the passage/fortune to a person sitting next to them. Then I ask them to listen to their neighbor’s passage. At times, people decide to switch the verses. At other times they feel the passage they received is precisely what they needed to hear at that time.
 I like the idea that “With God everything is possible.” Peter sings about trying to run away from God. His words echo the thoughts of
Psalm 139:


O LORD, you have searched me and known me.
2You know when I sit down and when I rise up;

you discern my thoughts from far away.
3You search out my path and my lying down,

and are acquainted with all my ways.
4Even before a word is on my tongue,

O LORD, you know it completely.
5You hem me in, behind and before,

and lay your hand upon me.
6Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;

it is so high that I cannot attain it.
7Where can I go from your spirit?

Or where can I flee from your presence?
8If I ascend to heaven, you are there;

if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.
9If I take the wings of the morning

and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
10even there your hand shall lead me,

and your right hand shall hold me fast.”

My hope and prayer today is that you will experience
that “with God everything is possible.”

Peace,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment