Greetings from Peter Mayer

Monday, March 18, 2013

The Grace


H2odevos p4p Lent 2013 The Grace”


From a raindrop to a river
From one word into a song
Source of all gifts,
Friend and Forgiver
Bring us together, to pass it on

He has called us, all creation
Every woman, child, and man
To bring our gifts in celebration
To be transformed in the Savior’s hands
To be transformed in the Savior’s hands

Pass It On by Peter Mayer 

Last year while on sabbatical in London, I took a quick trip to Berlin to see a good friend of mine. While I was waiting to meet him one day, I stopped in at the Alte Museum {click here}.  As I wandered around the various galleries, I saw a painting by Fritz von Uhde entitled “Das Tischgebet,” which is the grace before the meal.

It took me back to every time that my family of origin prayed before our meals. In fact, I can’t even remember a time when we didn’t pray before a meal (and that includes being in restaurants, camping or even at a picnic).

Peter’s song takes me back to those times and places as well. It also sets a lovely stage for the present and the future, “To be transformed in the Savior’s hands.”

I commend the practice to you today. Pause, take time to say “grace.”

Peace,
rtg


No comments:

Post a Comment