Greetings from Peter Mayer

Friday, March 15, 2013

Hop Into Spring


H2odevos p4p Lent 2013


Sleep child the world is wild
you'll need your dreams to get through
When out go the lights we'll turn on the night
The moon and stars shine for you
A is for Angel right from the start
A is for Angel you've stolen my heart

A Is For Angel by Peter Mayer
If I was going to add a line to this song, it would be, "B is for Bunny."
Last year I was the Lenten retreat for the parishioners of St. Martin in the Fields which took place at the Saint Andrews Retreat Center in Edenbridge. It was an amazing experience for me to be with members of the SMITF congregation as well as to witness the hospitality of the Sisters. Click here
At one point during the retreat (it was a silent retreat, so there wasn't a great deal of chatting) I scanned some of the Annual Reports for this amazing Ignatian Community of Sisters.  I could tell by reading through the lines that expenses exceeded income. And so I wasn't surprised when I read yesterday that the sisters would be moving from this location. It was clear that they had embraced the notion that there are times when things come to a close in order that new things can be born, reborn through the Spirit of Love and Grace.
One morning at the retreat center, I got up early to explore. I was surprised by the bunny shaped bushes. They made me laugh out loud. I don't know why they tickled my funny bone, but they did.
And so today, I invite you to smile and laugh as we hop into this weekend.
Peace,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment