Greetings from Peter Mayer

Monday, March 25, 2013

Passion


H2odevos p4p Lent 2013  “Passion”


Heaven help us all
If we should fall from Love
Heaven help us all
If we should fall from Love

I never really meant to hurt you before
Hard times get hard to make better
Can’t really fix it but we can’t ignore
One and one we were meant to be together

God only knows where would I be
God only knows where would I be I be I be

Heaven Help Us Now by Peter Mayer



We did the Stations of the Cross today as our meditation on Palm/Passion Sunday. The way we had them set up in the sanctuary was counter-clockwise. I encouraged the parishioners to think about “time-travel” and using the stations as portals or access points to get into the passion postcards from the life of Jesus.

After worship, I came home and took a nap, but then we went with some dear friends to see the movie, “Quartet.” I must tell you that it was a fabulous show which touched upon many of the same themes that we journeyed through with the stations. There was betrayal, change, confusion, forgiveness, passion, love and the amazing gift of music.

Peter’s song is a prayer that’s worth singing and saying every day this week,

“Heaven help us all
If we should fall from Love.”

rtg



No comments:

Post a Comment