Greetings from Peter Mayer

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

In the Arms of Love


H2odevos p4p Lent 2013 “In the Arms of Love”


Rest will follow labors, hope will answer fear
The harvest of our laughter for the seeds we sow in tears
We work, we worry, strive for faith, Lord light my way
And all the while we're in the arms of love we can't escape

Beside us to stay
Surprised us with grace
Recognized us for who we are and whose we are by name

Lord Light My Way- Peter Mayer


1"8For the message about the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19For it is written,

'I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,

and the discernment of the discerning I will thwart.'" 1 Corinthians 1:18

Today as I think about the cross of Jesus, what strikes me most is the "arms of love."
I see his arms and am grateful that they are wide open for the world.

I snapped the picture of Jesus on the cross at Worth Abbey. It is a Benedictine Monastery that was the focus of a BBC program called THE BIG SILENCE where 5 regular folks came and lived at the monastery (think of a cross between a monastery and an MTV reality show.)  Click here to learn more.

What it's all about, namely the tv show, the monastery, Lent, Holy Week, all of it, is the transformational love of Jesus. It's about the "arms of love."

Reaching out,
rtg


No comments:

Post a Comment