Greetings from Peter Mayer

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Creator


“Only You can break down the walls that hide me away

Only You can turn the night into day

Only You can stop the darkness from over taking me

Created the land the sky and sea
I know it in my heart to be true
The answer to me is only You”

Only You by Jim Mayer + Peter Mayer

I’ve often thought that this song could be re-mastered into a big hit on the Country Western charts.  It just has a narrative feel to it that I think CW fans would appreciate.

However, when I make comments like that to my dear friend, Peter Mayer he smiles ever so sweetly and looks at me with his sparkling eyes and doesn’t say a word but sends a message that goes like this, “Ron, keep your day job!”

I was recently at the Tate Britain during the month of February. Sue Ann and I were in London to celebrate the 10th Anniversary of my Fiftieth Birthday.  I was able to reconnect with colleagues and friends at St. Marin-in-the Fields. We were able to go to plays, worship services and museums.

I had it on my “list” to spend some real quality time at the Tate Britain. I met a friend there for lunch. We had a grand conversation. Upstairs in one of the galleries I saw the painting at the top of the page. Good old William Blake. He was able to see things in such a cosmic way which in turn he was able to communicate through his art.

I don’t have the ability to adequately describe how this painting touched my soul.

All I know is when I hear Peter sing “I know it in my heart to be true, 
The answer to me is only You” that I feel right and good.

Peace,

rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment