Greetings from Peter Mayer

Thursday, March 6, 2014

You Are There



“It’s been a long long road
but I’m coming back to find you

Took hold of a my heart long ago
 wanna be back beside you
It’s been a long long road
but I’m coming back to find you

One sound came a-tumblin’ down Jericho

Breaking the walls that bind you”
Musicbox by Peter Mayer/Jay Oliver/Chris Walters

The picture at the top of today’s devotion is of the window at St. Martin-in-the-Fields in London. You can read all about it HERE. 

I like the window a great deal. As I sit in Morning Prayer I look up at the window. Is it an egg, a seed or flying saucer? Some days I can see a cross. Maybe it a womb or a tomb. I guess it depends on one’s mood and perspective.

Peter sings about the journey. In an introduction to this song he says, “this is a looking back song. So often you have to look back to go forward”.  Like the lovely window at St. Martin’s, how one 'sees’ this song or hears it depends on one’s perspective.

It could be a song about the distance between lovers. It could be about a believer’s quest for God. Perhaps it is a love song sung by God indicating God’s intentionality to find us no matter where we have gone.
“wanna be back beside youIt’s been a long long road
but I’m coming back to find you”
If you are feeling lost, then this is good news for you.

Psalm 139 reveals this truth:
“7Where can I go from your spirit?
Or where can I flee from your presence?
8If I ascend to heaven, you are there;
if I make my bed in Sheol, you are there.
9If I take the wings of the morning
and settle at the farthest limits of the sea,
10even there your hand shall lead me,
and your right hand shall hold me fast.”
Today be on the lookout for a God who
“breaks down the walls that bind you.”

Peace,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment