Greetings from Peter Mayer

Friday, March 2, 2012

h2odevos encores 030212 Mission Possible


"A million voices surround me
How can I hear when Your call?
When at last grace has found me
Will I recognize it at all?
Lift this song of sadness into gladness at Your feast
To hear Your voice is calling, come walk with me."

 Ever Walk With Me Lord by Peter Mayer

What great questions Peter sings about in this song. It's all about discernment. And while the answers may not always be as clear or as present as our impatient hearts would like them to be, just asking the question(s) is an activity of faithfulness.

The way Peter addresses it, it is a question of hearing and also recognition. So, a couple of related questions would be, do we have the equipment to hear/receive the messages and consequently to identify the sender of the call? In other words, do we have a spiritual "caller id" attached to our hearts and souls? And do our hearts and souls have "receivers" or ears to hear?

I have a favorite passage in Isaiah 55 that I often go back to again and again. It simply promises:

"For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
   and do not return there until they have watered the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
   giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, 
11so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
   it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
   and succeed in the thing for which I sent it."


May your day be filled with the notion that your call to mission is possible!

Peace,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment