Greetings from Peter Mayer

Sunday, March 11, 2012

h2odevos encores 031112 Only You


"I hear You in the gentle wind blowing through the trees
I hear You whisper in my dreams
Only You conceived the starlight that shimmers through the night
Only You can call me home from this life

I know it in my heart to be true
The answer to me is only You"
Only You by Jim Mayer & Peter Mayer 

Have you ever been lost? Have you ever been confused? Have you ever been sold a bill of goods? Have you ever been fooled? Have you ever felt like quitting? Have you ever wanted something, anything to be true, just so you could believe again?

That's what I think about when I hear this song. If you haven't listened to it, I invite you to do so, by clicking on:    "Only You" audio 

It's so elegant and yet simple and basic, "Only You" is what it is all about. And that line,  "I know it in my heart to be true the answer to me is only You" always causes me to shake my head in agreement, yes, that's right, that's true. It is so great that God comes to us through the wind, through dreams, and  through starlight. It is wonderful that God calls us to be what we're meant to be.

"The one who made the Pleiades and Orion,
   and turns deep darkness into the morning,
   and darkens the day into night,
who calls for the waters of the sea,
   and pours them out on the surface of the earth,
the Lord is his name," (Amos 5:8)

I'm praying for you today that you experience the uniqueness of God's love for you today.

Peace,
RTG

PS- I'm preaching [today] on the 10 Commandments. My sermon is out on the Bethany Lutheran Church website www.bethany-denver.org

And if you click on this link you'll get the text of it in a pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment