Greetings from Peter Mayer

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

h2odevos encores 032812 Bottled Water


“Only You can stand beside me 
through all my thoughts and deeds
You raised the mighty Redwood from the seed
Only You formed the mountains that stretch to the sky
Cover them with moonlight tonight

I know it in my heart to be true
The answer to me is only You

The beauty… that shines.. from a face
…touches you…touches me… vision of grace
The hand.. that leads….to the 
place of peace and understanding
Touches… you.. touches me….”
Only You  by Jim Mayer and Peter Mayer

Over the past four years, I have been very conscious and intentional about drinking enough water per day. I subscribe to the idea that one should drink 8 glasses of water per day. Now just as soon as I say that, I know there are some folks who think that is too much water to drink. Alright, I affirm your right to feel that way. However, I know what has worked for me, so if 8 isn’t the right number for you, plug in whatever number you want.

I have also found that if one drinks 8 or more glasses of water per day, one will just about automatically increase one’s physical activity (if nothing more than making additional trips to the water closet (as they like to call it in some European countries).

Bottled water is big business in the world. According to the Earth Policy Institute, “The United States is the world’s leading consumer of bottled water, with Americans drinking 26 billion liters in 2004, or approximately one 8-ounce glass per person every day.”

I like to drink bottled water. I don’t know if it is inherently “better” that tap water, but I do know that I am attracted to artistically designed bottles. Of course, there are issues of recycling and utilization of resources which flow to the production, transportation and consumption of this product.

You might be surprised to realize or know that “bottled” water is in the Bible.  Yes, that’s true, it’s right there is Psalm 33:6-:7. Check it out:

“By the word of the Lord the heavens were made,
   and all their host by the breath of his mouth.
7He gathered the waters of the sea as in a bottle;
   he put the deeps in storehouses.”

Talk about your intelligent design.
Peace,
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment