Greetings from Peter Mayer

Thursday, March 29, 2012

h2odevos encores 032912 Water Proof


"Waterfall drink your fill
Washing over you it spills
Night and day it's runnin' wild
We're born to be a river child

Tossed about like a toy
From the badlands to good soil
We could've never bargained for
This mighty ride of joy

This is Love that's been spilled
This is grace that has been willed
Every empty heart be filled
Waterfall, waterfall"

Waterfall by Peter Mayer
 You can listen to this tune by clicking HERE.

I asked Peter one day where his inspiration for this lovely song came from. He shared with me that it came from a couple of sources, but primarily Isaiah 43: 1-6.

But now thus says the LORD,
      he who created you, O Jacob,
      he who formed you, O Israel:
      Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
      I have called you by name, you are mine.
2When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
      and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you;
      when you walk through fire you shall not be burned,
      and the flame shall not consume you.
3For I am the LORD your God,
      the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
      I give Egypt as your ransom,
      Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
4Because you are precious in my sight,
      and honored, and I love you,
      I give people in return for you,
      nations in exchange for your life.
5Do not fear, for I am with you;
      I will bring your offspring from the east,
      and from the west I will gather you;
6I will say to the north, "Give them up,"
      and to the south, "Do not withhold;
      bring my sons from far away
      and my daughters from the end of the earth

He also said, "The waterfall meant to me the unending grace that flows from God to us and all creation; the gift of life, the gift of each other, the gift of God's word and life lived out in the way of Jesus, but in that gift we are given there is not an absence of pain and trial, and of challenge. In fact, through those experiences, mirrored in Jesus' life and passion, we grow to know our deeper connection to the arms that save us, that renew us."

WOW! I say, "preach it, Peter!"
rtg

No comments:

Post a Comment